October is over :(
The leaves are falling and turning our once ombre coloured trees into skeletons for the winter. The weather is getting chilly with morning frost on our windows and thick clouds of breath in the air. Fall is slowly turning into winter and there is no stopping it!
I am so not one for winter weather, I dislike the sharp air on my face and the cold seats in the car... But, there is not hiding from the seasons when you live in Canada!
October was a great month filled with pumpkin decorating, apple orchards, costume searching and celebrations with friends. This past month has been filled with new memories that I will keep dear to me for a very long time.
The products I chose to show in my October favourites were narrowed down by simply what I could not live without! If it be makeup, clothing, organization tools or simply home decor I picked my top essentials for this month.
My 2015 October Favourites:
- Nars Creamy Concealer (in Custard) - This concealer is a dream! I love the finish of the product as well as the coverage it has to hide my dark circles under my eyes. I have never had a concealer feel so fresh at the end of a long work night than this does. Not only does the concealer work great under my eyes but I would no doubt use this all over my face if it wasn't for the price tag ($36). I am on my second tube of this product and will continue to use it as long as I feel that this is the best product out there.
- MAC Fluidline (Black Track) - If you know anything about me its that I cannot live without my beloved black winged eyeliner. I can't think back to a time where I was in love with another eyeliner (other than back in grade 7 when I rocked the white eyeliner trend....). I am on my third or fourth pot of this product and I don't even think twice when I go to buy a new one. This liner runs for $21 a jar but it will last at least a year, which you think about it...thats a lot of wings. I know a few people who have used this product and complained that the jar dries out before they get to the bottom but I have never had that issue.
- Daniel Wellington Watch (Classic Sheffield 36mm - Black leather & Rose Gold) - This watch is heaven sent! My lovely boyfriend gifted me this watch for my birthday back in September and I cannot live without this watch on my wrist! I wear this baby to work everyday and I have forgotten once and let me tell you every time I looked down to check the time (which now thinking about it I am time crazy) I died a little inside knowing it wasn't on my wrist! *insert dramatic sob* This watch is classic and a stunning piece of jewellery that classes up every outfit I wear. I am forever in love with this watch.
- Throw Blanket (gift) - I received this blanket from a student last christmas and ever since I have been smitten! I have especially loved this blanket this past month because the house has become a bit more chilly and I always have cold feet & fingers! One side of the blanket has a sheep like texture while the other side is baby soft the amount of warmth this blanket provides is equivalent to a hot tub in the middle of winter! My boyfriend and his son love my blanket so much that when my boyfriend was sick I bought him a similar one.
- Happy Planner (Jo-Ann Fabrics) - I am not ashamed to admit that am addicted to my planner... Ever since I was a young girl in grade school I enjoyed using my planner. If it be writing down my ToDo's for the day, recording upcoming events or creating sticker themes for the week I am completely obsessed. I bought this planner at the end of the summer and have been using it religiously since. Planning out my week does take sometime out of my day but I enjoy the "scrapbook-like" hobby it has become.
- Black Rose and OUD Candle (Marshalls) - I have never loved a candle as much as this one. I used to be the basic girl who loved the Bath & Bodyworks candles and would take off running towards a store when I heard they were having a sale. Don't get me wrong there are still a few candles that hold a special place in my heart from Bath & Bodyworks but this candle from Marshalls is my go to! The light smell it emits can fill a room without even being lit. The candle was around $10 and I have been burning this sucker for at least a month straight everyday and it still has at least a third left to it. I will definitely be making my way there soon to see if they have any more for me to stock up on!
- Striped Midi Dress (Forever21) - This dress was one of those amazing finds when you walk into forever21 (even though I am pretty sure I ordered this online). This dress fits like it was made for my body. I wore this dress to a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner with my family and not only was it comfortable but I also looked well put together. The effortlessness of this dress is so simple to style if it be with a jean jacket and sneakers or with heeled booties and a leather jacket. This dress is definitely a winner in my books.